You never know when and where you will find your next inspired idea. As is my own lovely tradition of trying to Christmas shop for others and buying only things for myself, I fell head over heels for this dress. Brass and Black--I knew it had to be a theme for entertaining this holiday season. Without any obvious signs of Christmas decor, this vignette is perfect for both your Secret Santa Cocktail Party, as well as your New Years Eve Soiree.
1. I started by covering my buffet with a cream and gold table cloth, and layering in soft faux furs for texture and warmth.
2. I included a dramatic lacquered black mirror to stay within my black and brass theme.
3. Next, I added some larger elements--the two black lanterns and my Kate Spade party boxes, which were not only the perfect colour, but practical too (they hold my cocktail napkins, etc.).
4. Then I filled out the vignette with vintage brass candle sticks in various shapes and sizes. My favourite travel souvenirs (the two Eiffel tower statues) add character and are a great conversation starter.
5. Every party needs some mood lighting, and the star garland from Ikea was just the trick.
6. In the bar area, I re-used my chalkboard easel (see tutorial here) to add a festive message.
7. My co-ordinating straws and wine markers were the perfect accents, and my vintage mason jars always come in handy during parties.
8. My new dress, along with some fun brass and black accessories completed my holiday party look!
And since I mentioned shopping, make sure to check out my co-ordinating Christmas Wish List below!
MY WISH LIST!
• Larsson & Jennings LÄDER Watch - larssonandlennings.com
• IAM By Ileana Makri Safety Pin Earrings - net-a-porter.com
• Kate Spade Gayla Sunglasses - katespade.com
• Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low Nail Polish - essie.com
• Heart of Gold Print - Chapters
• Gold Stained Mug - Shop By Monika