I should correct the title of this post to The 2017 Town of Whitby Mayor's Non-Gala Gala! The Night Out On The Town fundraiser aimed once again to be a non-traditional gala. Meaning no formal seating or plated dinner, no long speeches and black ties. The evening was set as a casual, cocktail party, where friends and new friends can mingle, try different food (mini tomato soup and grilled cheese, seafood bar, risotto balls!), grab a pint of Brock Street beer, listen to some great music, and even get their fortunes told.
I was once again tasked with the decor for the event. This year, I decided to turn Trafalgar Castle's main hallway into an outdoor streetscape, with a starry night, real trees, and of course tons of twinkle lights. The Great Hall was filled with harvest tables, wine barrels, and cruiser tables for casual socializing and seating. Garland, and white roses added life to the tables, and the ceiling treatment softened the vastness of the room.
Other busker entertainers included a man on stilts, caricature artists, magician, a blues band and even a silver Elvis. Guests shut down the party on the dance floor with the Professor's of Funk--the perfect way to end a night celebrating all things Whitby.
- Flowers, garland, living social wall: Mint Floral Co.
- Accessories including vases, candles, votives, trees, ceiling treatment: Annie Lane Events & Decor
- Harvest tables, chairs, cruiser tables and wine barrels: Gervais
- Metal bench and pillows: Penney & Co.
- Starry night spotlights: Apex Sound and Light
- Venue and catering: Trafalgar Castle
Proceeds go to local non-profits, including this year's lead causes Grandview Children and Lakeridge Health.